Jackson City Schools and Adena Health System reopen the Adena Family Medicine-Ironmen Clinic at Jackson Middle School to provide primary care services conveniently to area students.
On Monday, February 22, Jackson School district students and staff welcomed the return of the Adena Family Medicine - Ironmen Clinic back to school grounds at Jackson Middle School. The Ironmen Clinic, named after the school mascot, provides convenient primary care services to school students, staff and is open to area residents.
During the height of our COVID-19 response, the clinic’s services were temporarily suspended in order to address pandemic demands. But now, our Adena-employed certified nurse practitioner Madison Mercer is back onsite and ready to serve the school and public.
The exterior entrance makes it easy for community members outside of the school to visit the clinic, while also keeping students and staff safe and secure. The onsite clinic means easy healthcare access to school students with no need for transportation or having a parent miss work, although the clinic staff likes to see parents if they are able to accompany their student.
The clinic is open for appointments or walk-ins: Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Beginning April 9, it will be open 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Fridays too. The Ironmen Clinic provides services consistent with primary care, including:
- Treatment of acute illness such as ear/sinus infection, cold, flu, cough, sore throat;
- Chronic disease management including diabetes and asthma;
- Behavioral health treatment such as anxiety, depression and ADHD/ADD;
- Comprehensive annual wellness exams and sports physicals;
- Immunizations and disease prevention;
- On-site testing for blood sugar, strep throat, flu, hearing, vision and more;
- Lab specimen collection (including blood draws); and
- Reproductive health needs.
The Adena Family Medicine – Ironmen Clinic accepts self-pay, Medicaid as well as most forms of insurance. For more information, or to request an appointment, call 740-286-7869 or visit www.adena.org/ironmen.