Awards and Accolades
When you trust your health and that of your family to a hospital, clinic or urgent care, you should expect that you are receiving the highest-quality care possible.
Through the dedication of our caregivers, providers and administration at Adena, that expectation becomes a reality supported by numerous national awards, certifications and accreditations recognizing our commitment to our patients and the communities that we serve.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of those honors, including links when available to websites where you can compare Adena’s ratings against others:
- Adena Regional Medical Center is proud to hold several certifications and accreditations from The Joint Commission, an independent organization focused on setting the standard for health care safety and quality. Among those currently held are:
Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Center of Excellence designation
Joint Commission Shoulder and Spine Certification
Perinatal Care Center of Excellence designation
Primary Stroke Center
Sepsis Certification (one of two hospitals in the state of Ohio)
- Patient safety has long been a top priority at Adena, that’s why we are continuously improving our processes. The Leapfrog Group is a national organization focused on safety. We have received “A” Hospital Safety Grade (Spring 2022, Fall 2021, Spring 2020) & Top Rural Hospital by The Leapfrog Group (2021).
- The Adena Cancer Center holds The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer’s (CoC) full accreditation. The status recognizes the Adena Cancer Center among the nation’s best facilities for improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients, using cancer prevention, research, education, and comprehensive, quality care.
- Our comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program at Adena Greenfield Medical Center is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). AGMC’s rehabilitation team continues to meet the highest standards of care nationally.
- Likewise, Adena Regional Medical Center’s lab had to undergo a stringent review process in receiving accreditation from the Accreditation Committee of the College of American Pathologists, the highest accreditation a lab can receive in working with the thousands of regulatory requirements labs are held to.
- In protecting the region’s youngest patients, Adena’s Baby-Centered Recovery Program has received national, state and local recognition in the fight against addiction. National Hospital Charitable Services named it a Program of Excellence while the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service Medication Management and Opioid Support Team named Adena a Best Practice Site for the program, one of only three such designations in Ohio. The program also earned U.S. House of Representatives recognition as a model for other communities to replicate, while closer to home, the 2021 Hope Partnership Project Provider of the Year was presented to the program’s social worker, Donna Collier-Stepp.
- Providing excellence in localized care, Adena Greenfield Medical Center and Adena Pike Medical Center each have been recognized among all rural hospitals in the United States by The Chartis Center of Rural Health and the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health with 2022 Performance Leadership Awards. AGMC for its overall excellence in Patient Perspective. APMC for its expertise in Patient Outcomes. While both critical access hospitals are top quartile performers nationwide for Quality.
- Enhancing the continuum of care for stroke patients across the region, both Adena Greenfield Medical Center and Adena Pike Medical Center have been awarded The Joint Commission’s Acute Stroke Ready Gold Seal of Approval certification and the American Stroke Association’s Heart Check Mark for Stroke certification.
Additional recognitions received by the Health System have addressed Adena’s commitment to community service and partnerships, quality care, productive work environment and individual performance.
Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplace
Foster G. McGaw Prize Finalist for Excellence in Community Service
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio Blue Distinction Centers for Maternity Care
Leapfrog Group/Money Magazine’s list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals
CHIME Digital Health Most Wired Award