With humble beginnings in a small brick house in downtown Chillicothe, Adena Health System has grown to provide state-of-the-art medical services for patients in 12 Ohio counties.
Since 1895, Adena Health System has remained focused on its commitment to provide patients with the best healthcare and personal service.
Today, Adena Health System includes three hospitals (Chillicothe, Waverly and Greenfield) and six regional clinics, with a total of 296 beds. Adena is here to provide quality healthcare for the more than 400,000 people who call south central and southern Ohio home. With more than 3,000 employees, Adena serves as an economic catalyst for the region.
Adena offers our patients leading edge services in the areas of heart health, cancer diagnosis and treatment, women's health, children's health and orthopedics. The skilled physicians and medical staff at Adena provide a number of specialty services that are typically found in larger medical centers. These include: open heart surgery; da Vinci robotic surgery; cardiac catheterization; cancer care; advanced orthopedic procedures; high level MRI testing; and a Level II pediatric nursery.
As the only health care provider in south central Ohio with da Vinci robotic surgery, Mako Robotic Surgery, and the most advanced MRI capabilities in the region, Adena is well-positioned to provide patients with advanced care, close to home.
As a non-profit hospital, founded on religious beliefs, Adena treats every patient with respect and compassion. Be assured you or your loved one will receive exceptional care at any Adena facility.
- Adena Regional Medical Center: A 246-bed inpatient facility in Chillicothe, OH features an emergency department, diagnostic and treatment services, advanced surgical suites (Robotic Surgery), intensive/cardiac care, medical office building and the Adena Health Pavilion, which includes outpatient surgery, physician offices and the Adena Sleep Center.
- Adena Greenfield Medical Center: A 25-bed inpatient facility in Greenfield, OH features an emergency department, inpatient rehabilitation unit and medical/surgical, diagnostic and treatment services, as well as family practice and specialty physicians.
- Adena Pike Medical Center: A 25-bed inpatient facility in Waverly, OH features an emergency department, medical/surgical unit, rehabilitation, and a same-day surgery service.
- Adena Cancer Center: Our state-of-the-art center offers patients close-to-home access to some of the most advanced technology in cancer care. The Center enables patients to be seen by their specialist and receive treatments all in one convenient location.
- Adena Health Centers: Located in Chillicothe and at regional sites in Circleville, Hillsboro, Jackson, Oak Hill, Washington Court House and Waverly, OH, Adena Health Centers include physician offices, diagnostic and treatment services, physical, occupational and speech therapies. Urgent Care services are offered in Chillicothe, Hillsboro and Waverly.
- Adena Home Care: Provides highly personalized, quality care to patients of four service lines -- home health, hospice, home respiratory and home infusion.
- Adena Rehabilitation and Wellness Center: Provides physical, occupational, massage and industrial rehabilitation, as well as orthopedics, sports medicine, women's health, vestibular, fibromyalgia and chronic pain programs, as well as industrial and specialized hand programs.
- Adena Counseling Center: Provides a wide range of outpatient counseling services, including group, individual and family counseling. A variety of support groups also meet at the center.
- Off-Campus Physician Offices: A number of primary care physician offices are located throughout the region served by Adena.
WHAT DEFINES US
Adena’s Mission – Called to serve our communities
Adena’s Vision – To be our regions' most trusted partner in healthcare
Adena’s Guiding Principle – "Let all that you do be done in love" - 1 Cor. 16:14
Adena’s Values – Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Trust