Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Associates
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Specialties at Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Associates
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine
Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Associates in Chillicothe, Ohio, features the the only pulmonary physician in southern Ohio, saving patients from having to travel outside the community for care. The practice provides treatments to help manage pulmonary diseases including asthma, chronic bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and treat sleep disorders. Haval M. Saadlla, MD, the medical director of Adena Pulmonary Medicine, also trains medical students in this specialty area.
Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Services, located in the Adena Medical Office Building, serves patients who require quick responses to health needs. The office attempts to provide on-demand service to help manage chronic conditions and maintain patient health. The team is patient centered and strives to surpass patients’ expectations. Team members educate patients with chronic diseases to better manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life, often through lifestyles changes.
Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep provides the following services:
- Home medical equipment: By using home care companies that participate in data sharing, the Adena pulmonology team can get online reports to watch how the equipment is being used and if the settings are optimal.
- Electronic medical records system: Electronic medical records allow physicians with Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Services to rapidly access primary care information when necessary.
- Super-D bronchoscopy procedure: In this procedure, the physician places virtual markers throughout the airways that direct the physician to hard-to-reach locations in the lungs to pinpoint problems. Dr. Saadlla is the only pulmonary doctor in southern Ohio trained and experienced in the new Super-D bronchoscopy procedure.
- Sleep studies: These studies take place overnight while the patient sleeps. The sleep study helps diagnose sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. Sleep apnea is a chronic condition where the patient stops breathing several times per night for varying times. Left undiagnosed or untreated, sleep apnea can increase a patient’s risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, obesity, and diabetes. Once diagnosed, sleep apnea requires long-term management but can be successfully treated with lifestyle changes, breathing devices, and sometimes surgery. Home sleep studies are also available.
- Same-day office visits: Frequently patients call with worsening symptoms and need to be seen that day or face a trip to the emergency room or admission to the hospital. The physicians at Adena Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Services find ways to see those patients to prevent the need for more urgent care.
Phone Number: 740-779-8700