Adena Health System has returned to its pre-pandemic visitation policy, effective April 8. Visitor Policy
At some point in your health and wellness journey, surgery may be needed to make you feel whole again. When it comes time to make that decision, the expert surgical staff at Adena is here for you.
When faced with surgery, you need to understand your procedure and feel comfortable with your care plan. Our experienced general surgery teams offer compassionate care before, during and after your procedure to get you back to your life as soon as possible.
Our skilled surgeons perform procedures at four convenient locations close to home: Adena Regional Medical Center, Adena Greenfield Medical Center, Adena Pike Medical Center and Adena Fayette Medical Center.
General surgery can treat a wide range of conditions, which can include:
Our four locations offer a variety of surgical options, including traditional (open), minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures. We also offer a 24/7 surgical team to perform urgent care surgeries when you need it most.
Other surgical services include:
Robotic-assisted surgeries have been performed for more than a decade, and thousands of men and women have benefited from the minimally invasive technology to treat a variety of conditions.
Adena Health System is proud to be the technological leader in south central Ohio, offering advanced robotic procedures by highly trained surgeons using the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. The da Vinci Xi can be used for larger, more complex surgeries, while the da Vinci X is ideal for simpler procedures in the lower abdomen.
Robotic-assisted surgery offers you:
Unlike traditional surgery, robotic-assisted surgery allows your surgeon to perform complex procedures through just a few small incisions with extraordinary precision. Though it is often called a “robot,” the da Vinci system cannot act on its own. While the robotic arms perform the movements of your surgery, the entire procedure is orchestrated by your surgeon, who is seated at a console just a few feet away from you.
The benefits of daVinci surgery lead many patients to choose this type of procedure. But we know you have a choice for where you get your care. Here are the top six reasons to choose Adena and our surgeons for your robotic-assisted surgery.
1. Care close to home. While you used to have to travel to other parts of the state to get this procedure, you now can benefit from the most advanced surgical techniques right here at home.
2. Familiar faces. Many of the surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists, and other caregivers at Adena grew up as your neighbors and friends here in south, central Ohio. They are community members caring for their community.
3. Patient satisfaction. Adena patients rank us among the top 10 percent of hospitals nationally for satisfaction—and that score is climbing. One of the reasons is that in addition to a surgeon, you will be cared for by our hospitalists, physicians who devote all of their time to caring for our hospital patients. They ensure your needs are met, your questions are answered, and your care is coordinated at all times.
4. Experience and expertise. Our surgeons performed more than 10,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures last year. This type of experience combined with the intensive training Adena surgeons receive specifically on the daVinci Surgical System means you can have peace of mind.
5. A full spectrum of care. From office visits to the O.R. to your hospital room, Adena can offer you and your family all the healthcare services you will need to stay healthy. And our doctor, nurses and other caregivers pride themselves on treating you like a person, not a patient. They know you and have your best health as their highest priority.
6. Latest Technology. Here at Adena, we have the da Vinci Si Surgical System provides advanced 3D HD visualization with up to 10x magnification and an immersive view of the operative field. It also features the EndoWrist® instrumentation with dexterity and range of motion far greater than even the human hand and Intuitive® Motion technology, which replicates the experience of open surgery by preserving natural eye-hand-instrument alignment and intuitive instrument control. Together, these technological advancements provide unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable a minimally invasive approach to many complex surgical procedures.
1450 Columbus Ave
Washington Court House, OH 43160