Adena Health System Visitor Policy
For the health, well-being and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and communities, Adena Health System has updated our visitor restrictions effective June 19, 2020 to include patients admitted to the hospital and patients visiting one of our emergency departments.
Current Visitor Allowances:
- Women and Children’s Center allows one visitor per day.
- Same Day Surgery allows one visitor per patient on day of procedure.
- Any patient at any location who needs additional assistance which is determined by the clinician based on the patient's condition.
New Visitor Allowances:
- Any patient admitted to an Adena hospital will be allowed to have one visitor per day during visitation hours. This must be the same person for the day.
- Any patient visiting an Adena Emergency Department will be allowed one visitor during the encounter.
- Prenatal appointments that include ultrasounds will be allowed one visitor.
- Adena Pediatrics will allow both parents to attend the child’s scheduled appointment.
Other Visitor Guidelines:
- Some specialty or high-risk areas will determine visitation at the unit or facility discretion such as Behavioral Health, COVID-19 Cohorts or Inpatient Rehabilitation.
- No visitation overnight (unless at the discretion of the health care team).
- Hospital visitation ends daily at 7 p.m.
- No visitors are allowed with known or suspected COVID-19 patients unless patient is at end of life (see other limited exceptions).
- No visitors under 18 years old (unless they are the patient’s parent or guardian).
- Patients under 18. These patients may have two parents or guardians visit, who are not mandated to leave at the close of visitor hours.
- Daily symptom screening for temperature or respiratory symptoms.
- Daily login with visitor name.
- Wearing a mask at all times while in the building:
- Visitors may bring in a mask from home or one will be provided upon facility entry;
- Visitors may remove mask while in patient room with door closed, but must wear mask when caregivers enter the room;
- Treat the mask as if it is contaminated and avoid touching the outside, wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer for 20 seconds if touched;
- Do not share your mask and when removed, store in a plastic or paper bag to keep clean for reuse.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to remain in the patient’s room during their visit and minimize exit and re-entry of the facility.
- Visitors may use public restrooms, the cafeteria and gift shop while maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask and performing appropriate hand hygiene.
- We strongly encourage visitors to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving rooms and hospital buildings.
- Use cough-etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
- No handshaking and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Patients receiving end-of-life care: Acute end-of-life patients may have up to three visitors at any given time, and no maximum number of visitors per day as per the discretion of the care team.
- Up to (2) two visitors for goals of care discussions.
- COVID-19 positive or suspected patients at end of life may have visitation as outlined in end of life care. However, visitors must wear appropriate PPE.
Thank you for your cooperation for the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
Related Resources- Adena Health System COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 Hotline
- Virtual Visits
- Together We Can Stay Healthy- Taking Every Precaution- Enhanced Cleaning- Tobacco-Free Facilities