Adena Health System Visitor Policy
For the health, well-being and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and communities, Adena Health System has updated its visitor restrictions effective September 7, 2020.
Under the single visitor policy, those admitted to Adena, with the exception of specialty or high-risk areas, may have one visitor at a time during visitation hours. The allowance of visitors to specialty and high-risk areas, such as Behavioral Health and COVID-19 cohorts will be determined at the unit and/or provider’s discretion.
** From 7 a.m. Oct. 6, 2020 to 7 a.m. Oct. 17, 2020, a temporary no visitation restriction will be in place for Adena Greenfield Medical Center’s inpatient unit for all patients.
Visitor Information Includes:- Hospitalized patients may have more than one visitor in a day, but just one visitor at a time;
- ER patients may have one visitor accompany them;
- Maternity patients may have one support person with them throughout labor, delivery and the duration of her stay;
- Maternity patients under age 18 may have one parent or guardian visitor, in addition to the father of the infant;
- Visitors are not permitted in ancillary testing areas, UNLESS the patient has a disability and needs help accessing care;
- Elective surgery patients may have one visitor who will be going home after the procedure;
- Due to space limitations in relation to social distancing in waiting and exam rooms, one person may join a patient for most physician office visits;
- No visitors under age 18 (unless they are the parent of a patient); and
- Patients under age 18 may have two parents or guardians visit, who are not required to leave at close of visiting hours. Hospital visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., seven days a week.
Visitor Process:- Daily symptom screening for temperature or respiratory symptoms at all facility entrances.
- Wearing a mask at all times while in any Adena facility:
- Visitors may bring in a mask from home or one will be provided upon facility entry;
- Visitors may remove mask while in patient room with door closed, but must wear mask when caregivers enter the room;
- Treat the mask as if it is contaminated and avoid touching the outside, wash hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer for 20 seconds if touched;
- Do not share your mask and when removed, store in a plastic or paper bag to keep clean for reuse.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to remain in the patient’s room during their visit and minimize exit and re-entry of the facility.
- Visitors may use public restrooms, the cafeteria and gift shop while maintaining social distancing, wearing a mask and performing appropriate hand hygiene.
- We strongly encourage visitors to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving rooms and hospital buildings.
- Use cough-etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
- No handshaking and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Thank you for your cooperation for the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
Related Resources- Adena Health System COVID-19 Updates
- COVID-19 Hotline
- Virtual Visits
- Together We Can Stay Healthy- Taking Every Precaution- Enhanced Cleaning- Tobacco-Free Facilities