Heart and Vascular
Our highly acclaimed Adena Heart and Vascular team is home to many physicians and cardiovascular care specialists who understand the risks, symptoms, and assessments for comprehensive heart and vascular disease treatment.
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Our heart and vascular teams are committed to providing high quality care with patient-specific attention and compassion. We have a broad network of cardiology providers throughout our nine-county region, conveniently serving you near home and loved ones.
Our expert Adena Heart and Vascular teams diagnose, treat and take preventative measures across the wide spectrum of heart, vascular, pulmonary and thoracic related diseases and conditions. We use non-invasive techniques that get you back to your life quicker and with less pain, including robotic procedures. Our five-star (Healthgrades) congestive heart failure (CFH) program is designed to reduce readmission rates and we have a focused atrial fibrillation (AFib) treatment using the minimally invasive WATCHMAN™ procedure and implant to help prevent blood clots from forming and migrating from the heart to other parts of the body. We also have a tailored cardiac rehab programto help cardiac patients post-event with education, exercise, nutrition and more. The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) has rated Adena’s Cardiothoracic Surgery program among the best nationwide (top 10%) for like-sized hospitals in multiple categories including lowest mortality and readmission rates.
At Adena, we take every precaution to ensure a safe environment for our patients, visitors and caregivers. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough, call your Adena Primary Care office, or contact our COVID-19 Hotline at 740-542-SAFE (7233). If you are a new patient looking to find a healthcare provider, call 740-779-FIND (3463) or click here to find a location and provider that works best for you.
At Adena Heart and Vascular our outstanding, comprehensive teams are currently providing the following services:
- Risk assessment and customized prevention plan
- Screenings, including stress testing, echocardiograms, coronary CT angiograms, ultrasounds and cardiac calcium scoring
- Cardia rehabilitation
- Cardiac catheterization
- Electrophysiology (heart rhythm) mapping
- Emergency interventional services for heart attack patients
- Cardiac surgery, including open heart, coronary artery bypass and heart valve repair and replacement
- Heart rhythm studies, device implants (such as pacemakers), and ablation procedures to treat faulty rhythm
- Congestive heart failure program (five-star rated)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) treatment
- Aortic stent grafting
- Endovascular and open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Aortic peripheral bypass surgery
- Carotid artery surgery
- IVC filter placement
- Vascular access creation for hemodialysis
- Vein treatment, including varicose, spider veins and hardening arteries
- Vascular surgery
Cardiopulmonary and Cardiothoracic care:
- Stress testing, including treadmill stress tests, Dobutamine or Adenosine stress tests, stress echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests and pulmonary stress testing for asthma, bronchitis and other lung problems
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Valve repair or replacement
- Thoracoscopy and Thoracotomy
- Lung biopsy and resection
- Pacemaker insertions
- Endovascular thoracic aneurysm repair
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.