Adena Hospitalist Group
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Specialties at Adena Hospitalist Group
The Adena Hospitalist Group, located within the Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio, is a group of primary care physicians and certified nurse practitioners who see patients while they are in the hospital and coordinate their care after release from the hospital. Hospitalists have an in-depth knowledge of the disease processes that lead to the need for hospitalization and can more efficiently and effectively treat patients in the hospital. Hospitalists see patients while they are admitted in the hospital and coordinate their care with other physicians and specialists, including their primary care provider.
Hospitalists are on duty at the hospital 24 hours a day, every day of the year, to provide and manage the care for patients. Hospitalists in the Adena Hospitalist Group are familiar with Adena Regional Medical Center procedures and staff. They can quickly obtain diagnostic test results, develop treatment plans, work with specialists, and coordinate all patient care.
Hospitalists serve as the focal point for physician communication and information, creating a better patient experience. The Adena Hospitalist Group works hard to keep a patient’s primary care provider informed of the patient’s condition and plan of care and helps set up follow-up care after a patient’s discharge.
Services offered by Adena Hospitalist Group include:
- Beginning with hospital admission through discharge, hospitalists work closely with primary care physicians and any specialists.
- Hospitalists see patients daily and can respond rapidly to changes in condition or to the results of diagnostic tests.
- Hospitalists provide around-the-clock monitoring, seven days a week, to ensure quality care to patients. At least six hospitalists from Adena Hospitalist Group are available each day, with two working nightshifts.
- Treatment of a patient’s healthcare issues is guided by evidence-based medicine, so treatment plans are in line with the latest medical advancements.
- Hospitalists attend multidisciplinary rounds each morning, coordinating patient care with nursing staff, social services, dieticians, and therapists.
Adena Regional Medical Center also is offering a hospitalist residency program, which began in July 2013.
Phone Number: 740-779-8575