Adena Cancer Center
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
- Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Specialties at Adena Cancer Center
Cancer - Medical Oncology
The Adena Cancer Center in Chillicothe, Ohio, offers patient-centered comprehensive cancer care for all types of cancer, as well as support for patients and their families. Adena Cancer Center provides care comparable to that found in much larger cities, allowing residents of south central Ohio to stay close to home and still receive excellent and state-of-the-art cancer care.
The team at the Adena Cancer Center uses a multi-disciplinary approach to care for all patients. Oncologists, surgeons, nurses, pathologists, and radiologists meet twice a week to determine the best course of treatment for individual patients. By coordinating the expertise of all cancer specialists, patients receive better coordinated care that results in better outcomes.
Services offered at Adena Cancer Center in Chillicothe, Ohio, include:
- Diagnostic Services: If cancer is suspected, Adena Cancer Center can perform tests necessary to diagnose the type of cancer, as well as stage and grade. Stage and grade, along with personal health history, are key to developing the optimal treatment plan.
- Surgery: Removing cancerous tumors is one of the frontline treatments for many cancers. Our surgeons, and OR teams, have vast experience in this field.
- Non-surgical Treatments: Adena Cancer Center offers the latest in all types of medical therapies, including chemotherapy, biological, and hormone therapies.
- Radiation Therapy: Radiation therapy uses a high-energy beam to shrink tumors and kill cancer cells. By damaging the DNA of cells in its path, radiation can stop cancer from growing and multiplying. IMRT and external beam radiation are available at Adena Cancer Center.
- Patient navigators: Navigators help patients and their families navigate the often-complex journey through cancer treatment from diagnosis to survivorship. These navigators are the “go-to” experts for questions about appointments, treatments, resources, and other needs.
- SAVI: SAVI is a breast radiation device that is inserted into the lumpectomy cavity to reduce the time needed for radiation treatment for some breast cancer patients. Traditional radiation is given in 30 treatments, whereas SAVI patients come in two times a day for five consecutive days.
- Cancer clinical trials: Access to new medications is available through ongoing clinical trials for a range of cancers, including breast, colorectal, lung, head and neck, prostate, kidney, pancreatic, and skin.
Phone Number: 740-542-3030
Fax Number: 740-779-7871