- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Adena Dermatology, located in the Adena Medical Office Building in Chillicothe, Ohio, diagnoses and treats skin problems such as warts, acne, actinic keratosis (AK, a precancerous lesion caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays), and skin cancers.
Adena Dermatology’s physicians are highly educated about skin issues, but also care about the whole person. Additionally, they have trusting relationships and good communication with each other, which improves the quality of patient care.
In addition to general dermatology, Adena Dermatology specializes in Mohs surgery, an in-office procedure used to remove common types of skin cancer, primarily basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. The procedure is designed to completely remove cancerous tissue during one office visit with minimal damage to the surrounding tissue. At Adena Dermatology, Thomas G. Lewis, MD, identifies the cancer, precisely removes the cancer layer by layer, and leaves surrounding healthy tissue unharmed.
Adena Dermatology offers the following services:
- Pamphlets and education to inform patients about their skin issues.
- Thorough exams to provide the best care.
- Reminder calls about appointments and lab work.
- Comfortable rooms in the Mohs waiting area, outfitted with snacks, drinks, and televisions.
- Personal attention, including calling patients by name and remembering details about them to build trust and make them feel more comfortable.
Phone Number: 740-779-8580