Adena provides multiple physical therapy and rehabilitation options
Schedule an Appointment
Physical therapy services and specialties vary based on the Adena location. To learn more about physical therapy services and specialties and/or to schedule an appointment, contact the Adena facility closest to you:
- Adena Regional Medical Center and Adena Rehabilitation and Wellness Center: (740) 779-4825
- Adena Greenfield Medical Center: Physical and Occupational Therapy (937) 981-9284
- Adena Rehabilitation – Jackson: (740) 395-8137
- Adena Rehabilitation – Waverly: (740) 941-5170
- Adena Pike Medical Center Rehab. Pediatric Rehab: (740) 947-6378
- Adena Rehabilitation - Hillsboro: (937) 393-7668
Adena Health System offers a variety of physical therapy services and specialties across its multiple locations throughout south central Ohio. Physical therapy, also referred to as PT, physiotherapy or rehabilitation, involves a series of exercises, stretches, and active therapies that focus on improving range of motion and movement while promoting healing and reducing the likelihood of future injuries. Benefits of physical therapy vary based on the patient but include reduced pain, improved healing, and increased range of motion and function.
Physical therapy is often the first step in treating patients with arthritis, joint disease, or spine pain. Multiple research studies have found that PT can help effectively treat spine pain in up to 80 percent of patients, while physical therapy can be effective at relieving pain and stiffness for some patients with moderate to severe arthritis in their joints.
Adena Physical Therapy Services and Specialties
Adena Physical Therapy services are used to address a multitude of injuries and disabilities for patients across south Central Ohio. Physical therapy specialties include:
- Orthopedic, including total joint therapy and treatment for arthritis
- Spine and back pain
- Vestibular and balance disorders
- Pelvic floor pain and incontinence
- Sports medicine, including use of the Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA). Adena also has two Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS)
- Lymphedema services
- Neurological rehab for conditions such as stroke or head injuries
- Inpatient Therapy Services at Adena Regional Medical Center, Adena Pike Medical Center and Adena Greenfield Medical Center. The Adena Greenfield Medical Center inpatient rehabilitation unit is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Adena physical therapy services include occupational therapy, which helps retrain patients in daily living skills.
Adena also offers several specialty physical therapy clinical services, including trigger point dry needling (TDN), cranio-facial treatment, infant massage, manual therapy, REO-robotic therapy, driving simulation, Gait Trainer assessment and therapy, WalkAide assessment/fittings for neurological patients, and wheelchair evaluations. Adena physical therapy offers pediatric rehabilitation, including treatment for torticollis.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.