Adena Surgery Center (Main Hospital)
Adena Regional Medical Center offers a list of specialties within Surgical Services to meet the needs of our patients. Below is a brief overview of what to expect the day of your procedure. Staff with Adena Surgery want to ensure you and your loved ones have the best experience as possible.
Adena Surgery Center (Main Hospital):
The main campus surgery suite offers elective same day surgery, inpatient surgery, and emergency surgery. The Adena Surgery Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- For elective procedures, please check in at the Same Day Surgery desk. You will be greeted by our liaison and asked for your information.
- Once you are checked in there may be a short wait before going back to your room. If you have been waiting longer than 15 minutes, please check with staff at the desk.
- Once you are taken back to the pre-operative room. Your family will be asked to wait in the lobby (unless patient is under the age of 18, family may accompany)
- Your family will be called back once all necessary pre-operative processes have been completed.
- For the privacy of all patients and due to limited space, we ask that visitors are limited to only two at a time.
- A staff member of the operating room will transport you from same day to your OR suite.
- The team assigned to you will be waiting to ensure you are comfortable prior to procedure.
- Once your procedure is complete, the surgeon will call out for your family to discuss the outcome.
Recovery Room and Discharge
- Depending on the procedure and type of anesthetic, your time for recovery will vary.
- If you are required to spend time in the recovery room, your family will be informed of your status.
- Your family can join you in the discharge area while the staff ensures all pain is under control and all home care instructions are reviewed prior to discharge.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBLE PERSON TO DRIVE YOU HOME AND BE WITH YOU FOR 24 HOURS AFTER PROCEDURE.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.
1450 Columbus Ave, Suite 201 Washington Court House, OH 43160