The Adena Regional Medical Center Laboratory provides testing in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, pathology, molecular, and transfusion services.
Temporary Curbside Lab Services
To best serve patients in need of standard blood work during the COVID-19 pandemic, Adena Health System offers multiple drive-up curbside collection locations for patient safety and convenience. This service enables patients to have blood drawn while remaining in their vehicle and limits their contact with other patients, visitors and staff.
No appointments are needed for curbside lab draws – patients can simply drive up to one of the curbside tents and provide their lab order. If patients do not have their paperwork, orders can be retrieved through Adena’s electronic medical records. These curbside service locations do NOT test for COVID-19.
Addionally, Adena offers online scheduling so you can reserve your spot for an appointment from the comfort of your home, work, or anywhere else at our Western Ave. and Wavelry locations.
Curbside Lab Locations
Adena Health Center - Western Avenue
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.Saturday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.Sunday 8 a.m. - noon
Adena Health Center - Circleville
Monday – Friday 8:30 – 3:30(Closed for lunch 12:30-1:30)
Adena Health Center - Waverly
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. - noon
Adena Health Center - Jackson
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.Saturday 8 a.m. - noon
Adena Family Medicine - Greenfield
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Adena Health Center - Hillsboro
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Curbside COVID-19 Testing
Adena Health System has expanded the availability of its Coronavirus testing to now include curbside service at all Adena Urgent Care locations – Circleville; Chillicothe-Western Ave; Hillsboro and Waverly.
If someone believes they have symptoms, or have been exposed to a person confirmed to have COVID-19, they should first call Adena’s COVID-19 Screening Hotline at 740-542-SAFE (7233). If testing for Coronavirus is recommended, patients will receive guidance and next steps.
To learn about Coronavirus testing at Adena, click here.
Common Types of Lab Testing
There are many different types of lab tests, each with their own method for unveiling health conditions. Common types of lab testing include:
- CBC Test (complete blood count). A CBC test is the most common blood test performed. It measures the types and numbers of cells in the blood, including red and white blood cells and platelets. This test is used to determine general health status, screen for disorders and evaluate nutritional status.
- Prothrombin Time. Also known as PT and Pro Time, this test measures how long it takes blood to clot. A PT test can screen for bleeding abnormalities and may also be used to monitor medication treatments that prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Basic Metabolic Panel. This test measures glucose, sodium, potassium, calcium, chloride, carbon dioxide, blood urea nitrogen and creatinine which can help determine blood sugar level, electrolyte and fluid balance as well as kidney function.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. This test combines the Basic Metabolic Panel with six more tests for a more comprehensive evaluation of metabolic functions, with a focus on organ systems.
- Lipid Panel. This is a group of tests used to evaluate cardiac risk – including testing for cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Liver Panel. This is a combination of tests used to analyze liver function and check for possible tumors in the liver.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. A thyroid function test.
- Hemoglobin A1C. Testing to diagnose and monitor diabetes through blood sugar levels.
- Urinalysis. General health screening of the urine. It can help catch early signs of disease.
- Cultures. This type of testing is used to diagnose and treat infections – such as strep throat, MRSA or urinary tract infections.
How Long Does it Take to Get Lab Test Results?
The exact amount of time it takes to get a lab test result depends entirely on the test, but in general most tests are completed and reported to the ordering healthcare provider within about 24 hours of receiving the sample for testing.
Lab Testing at Adena Health System
The Adena Regional Medical Center Laboratory provides testing in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, pathology, molecular, and transfusion services. Our facilities are conveniently located throughout Southern Ohio.
Request your upcoming lab services appointment at one of the locations below.
Visit our online resource page for information on laboratory tests, forms, fasting information, and more. The page is designed to help you, as a patient or family caregiver, better understand the many clinical lab tests that are part of routine care as well as diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases.
Laboratory Locations and HoursAdena Regional Medical Center
272 Hospital Rd. Chillicothe, OH 45601Phone: 740-779-7650Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm & Saturday 7:00 am to 1:00 pm Adena Health Center- Western Ave.55 Centennial Blvd. Chillicothe, OH 45601Phone: 740-779-4018Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm & Sunday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Adena Health Center - Waverly12340 State Route 104 Waverly, OH 45690Phone: 740-941-5159Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm & Sunday 8:00 am to noon Adena Health Center - Jackson1000 Veterans DriveJackson, OH 45640Phone: 740-395-8050Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am to noon Adena Greenfield Medical Center 550 Mirabeau St. Greenfield, OH 45123Phone: 937-981-9271Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am to noon Adena Health Center - Circleville140 Morris Rd. Circleville, OH 43113Phone: 740-420-3000Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm & Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Note: Closed for lunch 12:30 to 1:30 daily Adena Pike Medical Center 100 Dawn Lane Waverly, OH 45690Phone: 740-947-6350Hours: Daily 7:00 am to 11:00 pm Adena Health Center- Hillsboro160 Roberts Lane Hillsboro, OH 45133Phone: 937-393-9955Hours: Mon-Tues-Thurs. 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Wednesday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am-12 noon Adena Health Center- Washington Court House308 Highland Avenue, Suite C Washington Court House, OH 43160Phone: 740-333-4950Hours: Monday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Tues.-Weds-Thurs 8:00 am to 8:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm Adena Family Medicine - Wellston118 S. New York Ave. Wellston, OH 45692Phone: 740-384-7300Hours: Mon-Tues-Weds. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Thursday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm & Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Adena Health Center - Woodlands311 Caldwell St.Chillicothe, Oh 45601Phone: 740-775-6119Hours: