Inpatient Behavioral Health
Focus on short stays and developing a long-term recovery plan
Individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis should contact their local crisis center, go to an emergency room for evaluation, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text #4HOPE to 741-741.
Contact Inpatient Behavioral Health Services at Adena
The Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit at Adena Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive behavioral health treatment in south central Ohio. Focused on offering treatment in a structured setting, our goal is to assist patients in stabilizing their behavioral health symptoms during a short period of hospitalization, while helping patients develop a long-term treatment plan for recovery outside of the hospital setting.
Our team of experts includes psychiatrists, an independently licensed social worker, a recreation therapist, and skilled nurses. Our care team works closely with patients and their support systems to develop a plan of care specific to each patient’s needs.
Adena’s Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit provides behavioral health treatment for adults ages 18 and over who have a primary mental health diagnosis.
Inpatient Behavioral Health Services
Adena Health System provides the following inpatient behavioral healthcare services:
- Groups – Daily interactive educational and processing groups to promote recovery.
- Education – Education for patients and their support systems about behavioral health conditions and treatments.
- Medication Management – Evaluation and management of medications for behavioral health conditions.
- Psychiatric Assessment and Evaluation – A thorough psychiatric evaluation is completed upon admission and the psychiatrist evaluates the patient daily.
- Discharge Planning – Care team members work with patients and their support networks to determine needs after discharge and provide resource and referral information to promote recovery after hospitalization.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.