Head and Neck Cancer Prevention
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
The most common risk factors for head and neck cancers are alcohol and tobacco use. It is estimated that 75 percent of head and neck cancers are alcohol or tobacco related. However, recently there has been an increased amount of head and neck cancers related to HPV (human papillomavirus).
Facts About Head and Neck Cancer
• With early detection, head and neck cancers are highly curable
• More than 30,000 new cases of mouth and throat cancer are diagnosed annually
• Head and neck cancers are more common in men
• Preventative risk factors that increase a person’s likelihood of getting oral cancer include smoking or chewing tobacco, excessive use of alcohol and poor dental hygiene
Head and Neck Cancer Prevention and Warning Signs
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.
1510 Columbus Ave., Suite 310 Washington Court House, OH 43160