Benefits of Robotic Surgery
Robotic-assisted procedures offer the next level of comfort and precision
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
While robotic surgery is new to southern Ohio, the technology has been used successfully in thousands of cases across the country. And the results have been tremendous. Patients feel better and the clinical outcomes in many instances are superior to other types of surgery. You can read more about the research showing these improved outcomes in our conditions section.
Because of the size of the miniaturized instruments and the enhanced dexterity they allow your surgeon, da Vinci® surgery at Adena Health System gives patients many benefits, including:
- Smaller incisions and less scarring, thanks to the 1- to 2-centimeter openings that are used to insert the camera and surgical instruments.
- Less pain because the surgeon’s enhanced view of the surgical site and the improved precision of daVinci surgical instruments result in less tissue damage.
- Less blood loss and decreased need for transfusions during the procedure.
- More precise surgical outcomes, which result in greater cancer control and greater preservation of vital small nerves and blood vessels.
- A shorter hospital stay and a faster recovery to work and other daily activities, including a quicker return to normal bladder and bowel function for most urologic procedures.
- Lower risk of wound-site infection and other postoperative complications that could delay healing.
If you are ready to consider daVinci surgery, talk to your doctor or request an appointment to discuss your options with an Adena robotics surgeon.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.