Adena Sports Medicine Athlete of the Month Award Rules
The Adena Sports Medicine Team in conjunction with the Adena Health Foundation is pleased to continue the Adena Sports Medicine High School Senior Student Athlete of the Month program. This program seeks to recognize student athletes who have made a considerable effort to maintain a higher grade point average, community service and also reach high levels of athletic accomplishment.
- Open to all high school seniors who play a varsity sport in one of the following counties: Adams, Gallia, Highland, Hocking, Fayette, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross, Scioto, and Vinton.
- Must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA in high school to be eligible for the Athlete of the year
- Be nominated by his/her School Athletic Director and/or coach or by a parent with a school personnel/coach sponsor
- Parent/Guardian signed consent form must be submitted in order for the nomination to be considered or you can email the parent or guardian the form.
The selection committee evaluates nominees based on the recommendation of the person nominating him/her, academic success, athletic performance, leadership qualities and community service. Nominations must be received by the 20th of each month for consideration in that month. There will be one female and one male winner each month, as long as there are nominees received who meet the criteria. The winners will be announced the following month. Awards will be offered monthly October through April of the school year.
Once an athlete is nominated they will be considered for every month until they win or the completion of the contest. In this scenario, a Sports Medicine team member will contact the nominator to ensure they still wish for their athlete to be considered. If only one athlete nomination is received for a given month, then no candidates will be put up for vote on Facebook and the nominee will be considered the following month. If an athlete was selected for the monthly public vote and does not win, there will be a one month waiting period before they will be considered again.
The winner is chosen based on the number of votes received on Facebook. There is the possibility that the nominees will show the same percentage of votes (50% each) but have different total number of votes received. The percentages are rounded numbers. In the event that the candidates have the same number of votes when voting closes, the Adena Sports Medicine team will choose a winner based on their GPA and athletic and academic achievements.
- Up to four athletes who meet the above criteria will be selected each month during the school year. These athletes will then be posted on www.facebook.com/adenahealthsystem for approximately one week for public voting. The male and female athlete with the most votes wins the Adena Athlete of the Month.
- Each Athlete of the Month will receive an award and be eligible for the Adena Sports Medicine Athlete of the Year.
- The winner and the winner’s school will be notified by email.
- The Athlete of the Year will receive a scholarship to the university of their choice. In addition, a donation and plaque will be given to their high school athletic program in their honor.
- Consideration for the Athlete of the Year requires completion of an application by the athlete, which is due by the third Friday in April.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.
1450 Columbus Ave, Suite 201 Washington Court House, OH 43160