The Adena Cancer Center offers survivorship clinics/visits for patients who have completed cancer treatment.
In addition to monitoring for signs and symptoms of cancer recurrence, survivorship care focuses of identification, prevention and treatment of side effects associated with cancer and its treatments
After seeing an oncologist regularly for weeks, months, even years, many patients feel uneasy when treatment ends. That’s why Adena Cancer Center started the survivorship clinic — to help patients transition back to primary care in a way that makes them feel comfortable and confident.
The survivorship clinic adds more consideration for addressing treatment side effects as well as the need for rehabilitation and therapy. Each survivor leaves with a concise plan that states exactly what type of treatment they had that they can take to any doctors they need to see in the future.
During the survivorship visit, the nurse practitioner will:
- Review patient’s medical history and perform physical exam
- Review treatment summary: chemotherapy/ radiation and or surgery
- Evaluate and manage any long term or late effects of cancer and treatment
- Discuss ways to improve current health status / prevent new health problems
- Discuss appropriate cancer screenings
- Discuss recommended follow up care following cancer treatment
- Arrange for the patient to see the nutritionist or social worker if needed
- Provide the patient’s primary care physician Information about your treatment and care plan.
- Provide you a copy of treatment summary and survivorship plan.
At this time survivorship clinics/visits are being scheduled for breast, colorectal and head and neck cancers. Patients with other cancer types should ask their doctor if a survivorship program is right for them.Please speak to you treatment team for more information.
To find out more about Adena Cancer Center's survivorship clinic, call 740-542-3030.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.