Adena Hospice: a helping hand when you need it most.
Part of Adena's Home Care Services, Adena Hospice provides an alternative to traditional or conventional care for people with life-limiting illnesses. Our focus is palliative and supportive care for your family unit during the terminal illness and bereavement period. Patients receive care in their homes whether they live in a traditional home or a contracted nursing facility. An interdisciplinary team of professionals works together to plan and coordinate care. The goal is to manage pain and symptoms, and help the family identify physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Hospice also assists the family with death and funeral arrangements.
We are committed to helping patients spend their last days in comfort and dignity, surrounded by family and friends. Because we are a nonprofit program governed by a mission to preserve dignity at end of life, no one will ever be turned away because they are unable to pay for the services we provide. Patient services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability (mental or physical), communicable disease, or place of national origin.
Adena Hospice is a provider-member of the Midwest Care Alliance. Moreover, Adena’s program, which has existed for more than a quarter of a century, is certified by both Medicaid and Medicare, licensed by the state of Ohio and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC).
To be admitted to the Hospice program, patients must:
- Have a life expectancy of 6 months or less
- Understand that hospice offers palliative and comfort care not curative care
- Not be undergoing active curative treatment
- Have knowledge of diagnosis and prognosis
- Want to be home
- Have an identifiable plan for care giving
- Live in a safe environment
- Be under the care of a physician
- Live within the eight-county area served by Adena Home Care Services (Fayette, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Pickaway, Pike, Ross and Vinton)
Available Services Include:
- Physician services
- Nursing services
- Medications for symptom management and pain relief
- Physical, occupational, and speech/language therapy
- Hospice aide and homemaker services
- Medical supplies and appliances
- Short term hospital stays
- Medical social services
- Spiritual, dietary, and other counseling
- Continuous care at home during periods of crisis
- Trained volunteers
- 12 month bereavement program with support group
A hospice team member will make an initial evaluation visit to give information about hospice and provide an opportunity for the patient and family to discuss their individual needs.
Adena Home Health, Adena Hospice and Adena Home Infusion, DME and Respiratory all have earned a three-year accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care, Inc. (ACHC).