One in four Americans may experience depression, anxiety or another mental health issue at some point during their lives that can be helped with proper treatment.
Individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis should contact their local crisis center, go to an emergency room for evaluation, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text #4HOPE to 741-741.
If you suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or any other type of mental health condition, you may feel alone and overwhelmed. Adena Behavioral Health is here to help. Our team of experts includes psychiatrists, licensed social workers, a recreation therapist and skilled nurses. Our care team works closely with patients and their support systems to develop a plan of care specific to each patient’s needs. Proper diagnosis and carefully developed and monitored treatment can help you not only cope, but build a fulfilling life with your family, job and community.
Adena focuses on providing behavioral health treatment with dignity, compassion and respect. Whether adult or pediatric patients, we listen to your issues and work diligently to provide caring treatment and positive support. Adena Health System is a leading provider of behavioral health treatment in south central and southern Ohio, offering both inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Treatment: The inpatient behavioral health unit at Adena Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive treatment in a structured setting for adults ages 18 and over who have a mental health diagnosis.
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Treatment: The Adena Counseling Center promotes a holistic approach to patient care, providing comprehensive outpatient services including medication management, psychological services and counseling for both children and adults.
At Adena, we take every precaution to ensure a safe environment for our patients, visitors and caregivers. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough, call your Adena Primary Care office, or contact our COVID-19 Hotline at 740-542-SAFE (7233). If you are a new patient looking to find a healthcare provider, call 740-779-FIND (3463) or click here to find a location and provider that works best for you.
Our Adena Behavioral Health specialists are here for you and currently providing:
- Inpatient treatment services:
- Medication management
- Psychiatric assessment and evaluation
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient treatment services (adult and pediatric):
- Medication management
- Psychological services and counseling for:
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar and other mood disorders
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.