Spine and Back Pain
Adena’s coordinated approach to care combines your visits and provides a team approach to solving your back and spine pain. Understand common back and spine conditions and assessments, nonsurgical treatments, and surgical options available at the Adena Spine Center.
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
It is not uncommon for patients to falsely believe that they have to live with pain forever or undergo spinal surgery to cure a back ailment. But, in most cases, that is not true.
Adena Health System takes the guesswork out of treating back pain. According to James E. Fleming Jr., M.D., physician lead of the Adena Spine Center, “Back pain usually doesn’t lead to surgery. At Adena, about 90 percent of back pain can be successfully treated non-surgically using a variety of modalities such as physical therapy, pain management, injections and sports rehabilitation.”
The goals at Adena are to restore function and comfort using the most proven techniques for a given condition, injury or disease.
Excellence paired with convenience
The Adena Spine Center offers patients four key elements:
- Therapies that have been proven to deliver the best outcomes
- A complete set of specialists on-site, including physical therapists, physiatrists, sports medicine physicians, physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, pain management physicians, neurologists and orthopaedic surgeons
- Medical spine meetings in which specialists present the latest research on a spine topic and the entire team comes to a consensus about how to treat patients with that condition.
- Spine doctors who received extra training (called fellowships) in spine treatment and surgery and passed tests (called boards) to certify them in spine care
These services make treatment convenient for patients. Our patients often see more than one physician on the same day. Tests are conducted the same day rather than being spread out over days or weeks. The patient gets a comprehensive evaluation that is often completed in one day. About 90 percent of the time, patients are successfully treated without needing surgery.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.
1510 Columbus Ave., Suite 310 Washington Court House, OH 43160
1450 Columbus Ave, Suite 201 Washington Court House, OH 43160