- Service Line
- Cancer Care
- Phone Number
- (740) 542-3030
About Doug Smith
Doug Smith was born and raised in Circleville. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and went on to receive a Masters in Natural Resources and a Masters in Public Policy and Management before deciding to go into nursing.
During this time, his research and clinical experience focused on HIV and AIDS, as well as Oncology. His first job as a nurse practitioner was in Miami, Florida where he stayed there for two years prior to moving back to Ohio. He came to Adena in 2010 as a Hospitalist NP. Doug then moved over to the Adena Cancer Center in 2013 where he now serves as a certified nurse practitioner seeing patients and being a team lead, where he manages the oncology nurse navigators, social workers, clinical trials program, cancer registry, and nutrition programs.
Doug is an avid environmentalist. He worked in stream and wildlife habitat restoration and environmental planning for a government agency in Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana for several years. He also wrote several grants as part of the Clean Water Act and Ohio EPA. Doug also is an avid mountain biker, and past president of the Southwest Ohio trails Association.
“The reason I like living in this community is because it gives you a sense of home and peace. I wholeheartedly believe that people that live in rural settings and small towns deserve outstanding healthcare. Thanks to Adena Health System, we do not have to travel to a major metropolitan area to receive outstanding healthcare.”
Learn more about the services offered by the Adena Hospitalists group
- The Ohio State University , College of Nursing, Columbus Ohio
- Graduate School
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurse Credentialing Center, Ohio Board of Nursing and Florida Board of Nursing
- American Academy of Nurse Practitoners, American Assembly of Men in Nursing, American Nurses Association, Ohio Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honorary
- HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease, Communicable Disease, Palliative Care, Hospice, and End of Life Needs
- Internal Medicine, Pallative Care and Hospice
Healing Minds Through Art and Mindfulness
Stress Reduction Group
Open to all patients, caregivers or family members who have been affected by cancer.
1 - 2:30 p.m.
First and third Tuesday of each month
at Adena Cancer Center
For questions or interest in enrolling, please contact the social work department at 740-542-3061 or 740-542-3004.