- Service Line
- Phone Number
- (740) 779-8580
About Kelly Ann Gallina
Back in 2007, in a small office on the Adena campus, Dr. Gallina and a team of four staff members together opened the doors of the first dermatology practice at Adena. While Dr. Gallina is proud to have been a leader in that small practice's tremendous growth and success over the years, she most cherishes the longstanding relationships that have blossomed through her working with many of the same team members, and caring for many of the same patients, for many years. Dr. Gallina considers so many of those team members and patients to be extended family that she can always be heard saying that she cannot imagine working elsewhere.
Born and raised on a small farm in Kent, Ohio where she participated in local 4-H activities such as raising livestock, Dr. Gallina's strong preference was to practice medicine in a more rural setting, making Adena a perfect fit (particularly since before Dr. Gallina arrived at Adena, no dermatologist was available to provide care to Chillicothe and the surrounding areas). "While I learned a plethora of dermatologic disorders during my dermatology residency at The Ohio State University, I'm continually amazed at the complex, interesting, and rare diseases I see at Adena."
While she enjoys helping her patients overcome "bread and butter" ailments such as warts and acne, Dr. Gallina's true passions lie in medical dermatology, especially treating skin cancer, managing difficult psoriasis cases and cracking the cause of "mystery" rashes. Additionally, because her own husband has battled and survived numerous melanomas at a young age, she is mindful of, and humbled by her role in guiding her patients through, the emotional aspects of dealing with cancer. "Early detection is the key; it's what kept my husband alive, so I'm deeply committed to using my dermatoscope (a handheld microscope) to catch tumors at the very start, before spread and harm occur."
Dr. Gallina, her husband Matthew, their daughter Adela, and their dog Santo are proud to call central Ohio home.
- Enjoys OSU college football, running half marathons, baking desserts, and traveling.
- Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Rootstown, Ohio
- Medical School
- Aultman Hospital, Canton, Ohio
- The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio
- American Board of Dermatology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, American Academy of Dermatology (Fellow), Ohio Dermatological Association, Central Ohio Dermatological Society
- Acne, warts, skin cancer, eczema, psoriasis, pediatric dermatology, full body skin cancer screening, general surgical dermatology, hair loss, botox
- Basic General Medicine, Surgical Dermatology