William A. Wilson, MD
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Medical School
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY
- University of Kentucky Department of Surgery, Lexington, KY
- Department of Radiation Medicine at the UK Healthcare Markey Cancer Center, Lexington, KY
- Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Professional Memberships
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology,
American Brachytherapy Society
- Lacy J, Wilson WA, Rowland R, Cripsen P, St. Clair W. Salvage Brachytherapy as a Treatment Option for Biochemically Recurrent Prostate Cancer Following Primary Brachytherapy: A Single Institution Experience. In progress.
• “Follow-up Imaging for Stereotactic Lung Radiotherapy.” Book chapter for the ebook Stereotactic body radiation therapy: lung cancer. Expert Reviews. Mentor: Ronald McGarry, M.D., Ph.D
• “Stereotactic Lung Radiotherapy versus Surgery for Early Stage Lung Cancer.” Book chapter for the ebook Stereotactic body radiation therapy: lung cancer. Expert Reviews. Mentor: Ronald McGarry, M.D., Ph.D.
• Killen MW, Stults DM, Wilson WA, and Pierce AJ. Escherichia coli RecG functionally suppresses human Bloom syndrome phenotypes. BMC Molecular Biology. 33(13): 2012.
• American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting Abstract 2012. Publication-only published abstract. “External Beam Radiotherapy in Radioactive Iodine Refractory Papillary Thyroid Cancer.”
- Clinical Interests
- IMRT, SBRT, IGRT, electron therapy, Tomotherapy, brachytherapy, dose and fractionation, prostate external beam and stereotactic treatment, glioblastoma and end-of-life care, endometrial cancer, sarcoma, pediatrics, palliative radiotherapy, and head and neck irradiation
- Composing music, listening to Copland, Barber, and Mozart, international travel.