Vicki Hankins, CNP
- Adena First Capital Internal Medicine
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-8840
- Fax Number:
- (740) 779-8849
- Graduate School
- Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Certified Occupational and Environmental Health Nurse BLS/ACLS Certified Certified Facilitator for Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Support Group
- Prevalence of Obesity and Hypertension in CDL drivers of the Appalachian Region, May 2010, submitted for publication to Journal of Occupational Medicine.
- Clinical Interests
- Crohn's and Colitis, Living with Chronic Illness, Metabolic Syndrome
Certified Nurse Practitioner Vicki Hankins with Adena First Capital Internal Medicine located in Chillicothe, Ohio, grew up locally. She has a long history with the Adena Health system. She was born at the old Chillicothe hospital, lived her whole life in the area, and has worked for Adena for the last 21 years. Generations from her grandparents to her grandchildren have been raised in the area and she has no plans to leave.
Many patients refer their friends and family to Ms. Hankins and Adena First Capital Internal Medicine. Patients want someone who will listen to their unique circumstances and develop a wellness plan that they are able to incorporate into their daily activities. Ms. Hankins takes time to sit and talk with her patients to understand what their day-to-day life is like. How they function in their homes makes a big difference in their health and wellbeing. Finding ways to incorporate exercise and healthy ways of cooking and eating is a goal that Ms. Hankins sets with all her patients.
Ms. Hankins is board certified as a nurse practitioner in family medicine. She has been the facilitator for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation local support group for a number of years. As a family health and wellness provider, Ms. Hankins focuses on the family dynamic as she knows that it can serve as support or a barrier to the patient’s goal attainment.