Oludare Ogunsola, DO
- Phone Number:
- Medical School
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine Stratford, NJ
- Largo Medical Center, Largo, FL; Houston Healthcare in Warner Robbins, GA.
- Larkin Community Hospital/NOVA University Consortium in Miami, Florida
- Family Medicine Board Certified, Sports Medicine CAQ , National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners, COMLEX Part I, II, and III, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advance Trauma Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography
- Professional Memberships
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine Florida Osteopathic Medical Association Florida Medical Association American Osteopathic Association American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians Christian Medical and Dental Association National Medical Association
As a former college athlete, Sports Medicine physician Dr. Oludare Ogunsola knows firsthand what it is like to be a patient with a sports related injury.
“During my freshman year soccer season, I tore my ACL, which put me out for the rest of the season,” said Dr. Ogunsola or Dr. O as many of the caregivers he works with call him.
Due to his injury, he was inspired to specialize in sports med. “At time I was injured I was able to get to know my orthopedic doctor and saw firsthand what the occupation entailed,” he said. “I could tell he really loved what he did and enjoyed working with young athletes. From this I was able to turn my injury into something positive and now as a physician I am hoping to help other athletes and patients do the same.”
Even before this time in his life, Dr. Ogunsola knew he wanted to purse a career in medicine after spending summers with his father, who was a missionary worker, overseas setting up medical clinics in various countries.
Dr. Ogunsola earned his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- School of Osteopathic Medicine. After completing his residency at Houston Healthcare in Warner Robins, GA, he completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship at NOVA southeastern University in Miami.
Throughout his career he has worked with patients of all types, ranging from those with occupational health injuries to semi-pro athletes.
“ I believe an ounce of prevention is greater than a pound of cure,” stated Dr. Ogunsola. “As a physician, I love educating my patients on what they can to do prevent injuries from happening or getting worse and helping them overcome day-to-day obstacles they maybe facing.”
When asked why he chose to practice at Adena, he said “When I first told people I was moving from Miami to Chillicothe they asked if I was crazy, but I had never been to a place where the staff and leadership were so genuine and welcoming. They took the time to get to know me, instead of just looking at my papers and that made it the easiest and smartest decision for me and my family.”
As Adena welcomes Dr. Ogunsola, he and his wife will also be welcoming their first baby boy this February. When he is not caring for patients, he enjoys running and biking throughout his new hometown of Chillicothe and loves watching sports. As a part-time DJ in college, he still has a passion for music and enjoys keeping up with today’s pop culture.