John A. Gabis, MD
- Family Medicine Primary Care
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-4500
- Fax Number:
- (740) 779-4524
- Medical School
- Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, Ohio
- American Board of Family Medicine, Certified Physician Executive
- Executive Director of the PACCAR Medical Education Center. Lives in Chillicothe with wife, Janine, and their four children.
Early in his training, Dr. John Gabis, MD, with Adena Pickaway Ross Family Physicians a Department of Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio, knew he wanted to focus on being a family physician in a small community. Dr. Gabis is passionate about forming relationships with all his patients by listening and caring for them as a person. Patients choose Adena Pickaway Ross Family Physicians and Dr. Gabis because they know their medical needs will come first. Dr. Gabis says: “We’re here, we care and we will do the very best for you.”
Adena Health System is set apart from others by neighbors and friends providing care for you. Dr. Gabis’s own family is treated at Adena. Dr. Gabis has a simple philosophy of care: Rule #1: Take care of the patient first. Rule #2: See rule #1. Dr. Gabis focuses on comprehensive, evidence-based primary care with all his patients, especially with high blood pressure, allergies and diabetes.
As the Ross County Coroner, Dr. Gabis investigates the untimely deaths of young and old people. This role has given him a unique perspective into the community. Dr. Gabis is passionate about decreasing the death rate due to opiate drug overdose in Ross County and that is where he spends much of his time and energy.