Gianina Usera, MD
- Endocrinology - Diabetes and Metabolism
- Phone Number:
- Medical School
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Internal Medicine Residency, Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University, Bridgeport, CT
- Endocrinology Fellowship, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, Manhasset, NY
- Professional Memberships
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Endocrine Society, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
Dr. Usera is excited to serve those in south-central Ohio in need of medical services and treatments related to diabetes type I and II, hormone and thyroid disorders as well as Osteoporosis and Calcium disorders.
Now accepting new patients, Dr. Usera is here to assist you with every level of your diabetes care – from diagnosis to treatment, and screenings and will be with you every step of the way to answer questions, give suggestions and track your progress.
Dr. Usera’s primary focus of care is education. “I believe patient education is the key to wellness,” she explained. “I try to always describe the patients care plan in terms they can understand.”
She also puts a lot of effort into building close relationships with each and every patient. “I want my patients to know that I am always there for them. Whether they are a new patient or one I have been seeing for a while, I put an emphasis into following up and checking on how they are doing.”
Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Dr. Usera earned her medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine. After completing her residency through Yale University at Bridgeport Hospital in Connecticut, Dr. Usera helped manage the care of patients with diabetes and hormone disorders at Long Island Jewish Hospital in New York.