Collins Okolie, MD
- Internal Medicine Primary Care
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-4700
- Medical School
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (NJ Med School)
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center Program, Cleveland, Ohio
- Professional Memberships
- American Medical Association
- Accuracy of Administrative Data for Colonoscopy with Polypectomy
- Clinical Interests
- Internal Medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Medicine
- Research Interests
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Married. Enjoys baseball, football, soccer, basketball, tennis and traveling.
From a very early age, Dr. Collins Okolie of Adena Internal Medicine in Chillicothe, Ohio, saw firsthand the adverse effects disease takes on the human body. He decided then that he wanted to help limit the negative effects for patients with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease. Focusing on adult medicine gives Dr. Okolie time for evaluation, diagnosis and management of new medical problems while establishing preventive care routines to lessen a patient’s chances of developing chronic medical conditions.
As a primary care physician, Dr. Okolie loves to practice medicine and enjoys watching the smiles of patients when they recover. He gets great pleasure and joy from caring for very ill patients, educating them to help remove fears, and helping them recover enough to enjoy daily activities. Dr. Okolie believes in placing himself in the patient’s shoes, treating the patient as he would like to be treated. He specializes in the effects of stress on the body and also how changes in location can negatively affect the body.
Dr. Okolie enjoys sports – especially soccer, baseball, football and basketball – as well as travel.