Adena Health System is excited to have five of its caregivers up for the 2018 Ohio Nurse of the Year Awards in their respective areas. The March of Dimes’ Nurse of the Year Awards is a state-wide event that brings together the health care community to recognize nursing excellence and achievements in research, education, quality patient care, innovation and leadership. Eighteen awards will be presented at a ceremony on Nov. 2 to the most outstanding nurse within each category.
Nurses are nominated by peers, nurse managers, supervisors or even the families they have impacted, then each application is carefully reviewed and scored by a committee of Chief Nursing Officers and other nurse leaders from the health care community.
Adena’s Ohio Nurse of the Year Finalists
- Lee Holdren: Nursing Student of the Year Graduate Level
- Jennifer Mace: Rising Star Award
- Kayleigh Roberts: Critical Care Nurse of the Year
- Cynthia Roe: Hospice Nurse of the Year
- Ashley Swiger: Case Management/Managed Care Nurse of the Year