As we all learn to live with COVID-19 in our daily lives, don’t forget about other serious health conditions that require our attention and rapid response. Ignoring the signs and symptoms of a heart attack can be a life threatening decision.
Don’t let a fear of respiratory illness keep you from seeking the care you need.
At Adena Health System, we are closely monitoring the effects of COVID-19 on our communities, while providing you with quality care in a safe environment. Know that we are taking every precaution to protect you and your family during the COVID-19 outbreak, and every day. The important changes we are making are intended to keep you safe when you visit an Adena health center, clinic or hospital. This is evident by Adena recently earning a national ‘A’ rating for hospital safety by the Leapfrog Group.
Don’t wait to get help if you experience any of these heart attack warning signs:
- Chest pain or discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center or left side of the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes or that goes away and comes back. The discomfort can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain.
- Feeling weak, light-headed, or faint. You may also break out into a cold sweat.
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck, or back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms or shoulders.
- Shortness of breath. This often comes along with chest discomfort, but shortness of breath also can happen before chest discomfort.
Other symptoms of a heart attack could include unusual or unexplained tiredness and nausea or vomiting.
If you notice the symptoms of a heart attack in yourself or someone else, call 9-1-1 immediately.