Adena’s Sexual Assault Survivor Advocates will host a six-week, peer-to-peer women’s support group for victims of sexual and domestic violence. There is no charge to participate in the program, called “Helping Other Women” (HOW).
HOW is as a safe place for women to come and share personal issues, experiences and struggles in dealing with sexual assault or domestic violence. The program is also intended to teach women skills and techniques to help them cope and grow as individuals.
When: Tuesdays - Nov. 14 through Dec. 19
Where: Carver Community Center
165 W. 4th St.
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Each week focuses on a different topic. HOW schedule and topics:
- Nov. 14: Meeting Our Threshold - The Long Term Effects of Trauma
- Nov. 21: What Does Safety Mean? - Finding a Safe Space in an Unsafe World
- Nov. 28: Believing Survivors - The Impacts of Rape Culture and Re-Victimization
- Dec. 5: Paths to Healing
- Dec. 12: Surviving to Thriving to Advocating
- Dec. 19: Self-expression Project
Registration in encouraged, but not required. Those interested can sign-up by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants must be at least 18 years old.