This year marks the 20thanniversary for Adena Health Center – Waverly providing health care services to Pike County and surrounding communities. The facility opened its doors in March of 1999 due to the growing demand for primary care in the area. Since that day, the Waverly location has seen a lot of growth and facility updates. Today, eleven caregivers still call Adena Health Center – Waverly their work home.
“This Health Center is so unique because it really is the community taking care of the community,” Chief Transformation Officer and Primary Care Provider Dr. TakajiKittaka, who is one of those original caregivers. “There is something to say about living and working in your community. There is a sense of comfort when patients walk in our doors and see a trusting and familiar face. I am honored to work among so many wonderful people and am proud to call Pike County home.”
Then vs. Now
- One front desk/registrar staff
- Five total providers
- Services (3 total): Primary Care, Pediatrics and Urgent Care
- Patient Volume: about 80
- Imaging: used film and a dark room to process images
- Five front desk/registrars staff
- Seven Primary Care providers
- 60 caregivers/support staff
- Services: (14 total) Cardiology, Radiology and Imaging, Neurology, Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Urology, OB/GYN, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Sleep Medicine, Occupational Health, Rehab, Urgent Care
- Patient Volume: about 300
- Imaging: 3D mamo, Digital X-ray, Dual-Energy X-ray
- Echo/vascular and general ultrasound
To learn more about services offered at Adena Health Center-Waverly or to schedule an appointment call 740-941-5150 or visit adena.org.