Adena Bone and Joint Center
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Specialties at Adena Bone and Joint Center
Show More Show Less
Adena Bone and Joint in Chillicothe, Ohio, has expert orthopedic physicians who offer high-quality orthopedic care comparable to what is found in much larger cities, helping residents of south central Ohio stay close to home for care. The experts at Adena Bone and Joint are guided by a goal to get patients the care they need quickly so they can get back to work or to the activities they enjoy. They also start with the belief that surgery is a last resort, used after non-invasive treatments are utilized.
Unless you have a traumatic injury that requires emergency care, an Adena Sports Medicine physician will assess your condition. Some injuries simply require rest and over-the-counter pain medications. Others might need physical therapy or injections for the pain. Surgery is considered only if medications, physical therapy and other treatments are unsuccessful.
In addition to Adena Bone and Joint center in Chillicothe, patients are cared for at five regional locations:
- Adena Greenfield Medical Center
- Adena Health Center – Circleville
- Adena Health Center – Jackson
- Adena Health Center – Waverly
- Adena Health Center – Washington Court House
- Adena Bone and Joint at Highland District Hospital
There are more than 15 specialists with Adena Bone and Joint. Many of the physicians specialize in areas such as sports medicine and joint replacement. Adena Bone and Joint also is involved in research studies.
Adena Bone and Joint includes neurologists in addition to orthopedic surgeons. Adena Bone and Joint neurologists also are part of the Adena Health Certified Stroke Center. The physicians at Adena Bone and Joint utilize a multidisciplinary team approach with all their patients.
Services offered through Adena Bone and Joint include:
- Orthopedics: Treatment of injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves.
- Neurology: Disorders of the nervous system.
- Physiatry: Rehabilitation physicians treat injuries or illnesses affecting the way we move. They are nerve, muscle, and bone experts.
- Podiatry: Treatment of injuries to the foot, ankle, and lower extremities.
- Spine: Treatment for back pain, neck pain, lower back pain, and sciatica.
- Sports medicine: Offering a complete sports medicine program to collaborate with rehab and athletic trainers to cover seven schools and sporting events in the region. There is a direct line of contact to ensure continuity of care between sports medicine and the surgeon. Injury clinics are available on Saturday mornings during football season.
- Total joint navigator: A dedicated nurse who assists patients through the complete process from beginning to end of a total joint surgical procedure. Care offered to patients in hospital or nursing homes recovering from total joint surgery.
Phone Number: 1-877-779-4598
Print All Biographies