What to Expect
We put patient and visitor safety first, using the highest professional standards to ensure the best possible experience.
Your Visit and Keeping You Safe
You can feel secure in knowing that Adena hospitals and outpatient locations are safe. As more regular in-person visits begin to take place, we have put important measures in place to minimize risk for our patients, visitors and staff. These include:
- Pre-registration to avoid time in our lobbies and waiting rooms
- Masks required for every staff member, patient and visitor (we will provide masks if you don’t have one)
- Temperature and verbal screenings for everyone entering our facilities
- Enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and facility safety procedures in all areas
- Visitor restrictions to limit people within hospitals and clinics
- Re-engineered common and waiting areas allowing for barriers and recommended social distancing
- Reduced number of procedures and appointments
- Areas to separate patients with respiratory symptoms and specified COVID-19 units to help isolate patients
Our Adena Regional Medical Center was recently rated ‘A’ nationally for safety and quality. We are taking every precaution across all of our facilities and strictly follow all federal, state and CDC guidelines to keep you and your loved ones safe during your visit.
Resuming Postponed Surgeries and Procedures
During the COVID-19 outbreak, we performed only medically necessary surgeries and procedures. We are now rescheduling postponed procedures, diagnostic testing and diagnostic imaging services that do not require an overnight hospital stay.
If you had a procedure or test postponed, your provider’s staff will contact you to review your health status and reschedule. Please know that for procedures requiring anesthesia, you will be tested for COVID-19 to determine if there is a risk to you, our medical staff or other patients. A positive test result does not necessarily mean you can’t have the procedure, but we may need to schedule your procedure differently to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Planning Your Visit – Checklist
We hope your visit to Adena is pleasant and comfortable. If you do a little advance preparation, you play an important role in making that happen. When you’re ready for your hospital or office appointment, please use this patient checklist to be best prepared for timeliness and safety.
1) Pre-register – if you didn’t register at the time of scheduling your visit, be prepared to receive your patient pre-registration call a day before your visit.
2) Arrive on time – to help our appointment system run smoothly, please arrive at your appointed time. Arriving too early or too late will diminish the system effectiveness.
3) Remain in your car – you may be asked to wait in your car if our waiting rooms cannot accommodate additional patients at the time of your appointment. If this is required of you, we will text or call you prior to your appointment time. Please know correct facility entrances and timing.
4) Bring a mask – we practice a universal mask policy for all patients, visitors and staff. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided.
5) Know visitor restrictions – currently, only patients are permitted on premises. Companions are not allowed to attend the visit, unless meeting exception criteria. Those accompanying patients will be asked to remain in the car during the visit.
6) Bring your ID and insurance card – this is for verification and will be reviewed at the entrance.
7) Expect verbal screening and temperature to be taken at entrance – this is required practice for each person entering an Adena facility.
8) Use safe social distancing – while in the facility, please observe safe social distancing practices unless being attended to by one of our healthcare professionals.
Questions or Concerns
We appreciate the trust you have in Adena for your health care and that of your family. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your health care provider or Contact Us.