Interns Join Adena
Adena Attracts First Class of Osteopathic Interns
Adena Health System welcomes six newly-graduated Osteopathic physicians, who are beginning their training as medical interns at the Adena Regional Medical Center. This is the first class of interns to train at the Health System.
“We are pleased to have such a diverse, talented and enthusiastic group of students joining us at Adena,” said Dr. David Towle, Adena’s Director of Medical Education. “Overall interest in our new intern education program has been extremely positive and very competitive. I’m confident we have the best and brightest joining us.”
Adena’s interns will work with physicians in many areas of the health system, and will train on-site for 12 months.
Adena’s new Osteopathic interns include:
- Seth O. Agiro, DO , Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Psychiatry
- Anna M. Dang, DO , West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- José M. DeJesus, DO , West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Nisha Haque, DO , University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Courtney Johnson, DO , University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- Christopher R. Kieliszak, DO , New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Otorhinolaryngology
Internship training is required to practice as a physician in the United States. A residency lasts a minimum of three years for primary care physicians and various specialties, and up to seven years for surgical specialties.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.