We know that time with family is essential to healing. That’s why we create a comfortable environment and strongly encourage families to visit patients.
Throughout most of our facilities, visiting hours are between Noon and 8:00 p.m. daily. Specialized units, like Intensive Care, have more restricted visiting hours. Make sure you call ahead of time to find out your patient’s visiting hours. Directions to our hospitals
Adena Regional Medical Center
272 Hospital Road
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Adena Greenfield Medical Center
550 Mirabeau Street
Greenfield, OH 45123
Adena Pike Medical Center
100 Dawn Lane
Waverly, OH 45690
- Only two visitors are allowed in each room at a time.
- Be considerate of your loved ones and other patients at the hospital at all times.
- Don’t visit if you are ill.
- Children should never be left in the care of a patient.
- Please use the public restrooms that are conveniently located throughout the hospital.
Tips for Families
- Choose a point person. Designate one member of the family as the point person or contact for the doctor and nurse. This will allow the nurse to spend more time with your loved one and less time on the phone with different family members.
- Take care of yourself. Your loved one needs you in your best health. Try to eat a healthy diet, get adequate sleep, and take some time away from the hospital.
- Use the hospital support systems. This is a stressful time and you may feel helpless and afraid. The hospital pastoral staff can help meet your needs.
- Speak up. If you have any concerns or questions about your loved one’s care speak with the charge nurse, supervisor, or director.
Parking and Hospital Entrances
All hospital entrances and doors are open from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. daily. If you exit outside of these times you will have to re-enter through the Emergency Department, the only entrance to the hospital open 24 hours a day.
Valet Parking is available at the Adena Regional Medical Center free of charge at the West Entrance, Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the Adena Health Pavilion Monday – Friday from 6:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., and the Adena Medical Office Building Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Valet will stop parking cars 1 hour prior to closing. Keys may be picked up in the Security Department after hours.
Adena Health System is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside or on the property of any Adena Health System facility. If you are a smoker and would like information about quitting please ask a member of your healthcare team or call the Ohio Tobacco Quit Line at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) for free and confidential advice.
Flowers can be purchased at the Gift Shop. If you are having flowers or balloons delivered remember that latex balloons are a choking hazard and not allowed but Mylar balloons are permitted. And also keep in mind that flowers are not allowed in the Intensive Care Unit.
Adena Gift Shops
Gift Shops are available at all three locations for patients, families, visitors and staff and offer a variety of gift items, reading materials and snacks. The Shop features a full line of Willow Tree Angels and Figurines, Boyds Plush and Figurines, Keeper of the Light Jar Candles, primitive home décor and a large variety of Ohio State items.
If you need lodging during your loved one’s stay and recovery, there are several hotels in close proximity to the hospital. Adena Health System is not affiliated with any of the following facilities.
Holiday Inn Express, 1003 E. Main Street, Chillicothe - 740-851-6140
Best Western , 1250 N. Bridge Street, Chillicothe – 740-775-7000
Christopher Inn, 30 N. Plaza Blvd, Chillicothe – 740-774-6835
Comfort Inn, 20 N. Plaza Blvd., Chillicothe – 740-775-3500
Hampton Inn and Suites, 100 N. Plaza, Chillicothe – 740-773-1616
Ameristay Waverly, 800 W Emmitt Ave Waverly – 740-941-4678
Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast, 305 S Washington St Greenfield - 937-981-4828
Days Inn Hillsboro, 103 Harry Sauner Rd Hillsboro – 937-393-0299
Cell phones can interfere with sensitive medical equipment used to care for our patients. Because of the potential interference cell phones can only be used in cell phone safe areas, designated by clear signs.
Wi-Fi is provided in all public areas and patient rooms. The hospital is unable to make any changes on personal laptops or computers for access – this is the responsibility of the patient or visitor.