IM-PAC Virtual Challenge
Summer Activity Challenge to Raise Scholarship Dollars!
The Adena Health Foundation, in conjunction with Adena Sports Medicine, will be offering a virtual challenge for the summer of 2021. Community members are invited to take part in the inaugural IM-PAC Virtual Challenge, an event designed to keep you and your family members busy all summer long. This will be a great way to deal with Covid fatigue while at the same time offering the chance to help local high school athletes as they look ahead to college. The event, a fundraiser for the annual Adena Athlete of the Year scholarships awarded by the Heath System to local senior high school athletes, will take the place of the Paint Creek Palooza fundraising event that was held for three years prior to COVID-19’s arrival last year.
The virtual challenge, running from May 28 through September 10 with registration available through July 5, is guided by a smartphone application that participants will receive a link to after registering. The app provides information on 14 activities designed to improve body, mind and soul. Included among them are such things as visiting the Hopewell mound sites or other National Historic Parks, participating in an outdoor fitness activity, playing an outdoor game, completing a fitness trail at a park or other outdoor fitness area, volunteering in some capacity, enjoying an evening campfire and several others.
To take part, an individual scholarship donation of $30 per person is required, although donations of $50, $100 or other custom amounts will be accepted. Any family or team of up to four participants at $100 each will receive a medal as a token of completion. Incentive prizes are being planned in several categories, as well as other giveaways.
Local Activities Suggestions:
- Visit Hopewell mounds or other National Historic Park
- Sit and enjoy and evening campfire or fire up the grill
- Participate in a local outdoor fitness activity such as yoga or others
- Enjoy a location with a view, such as Old Man’s Cave, Buzzards Roost, vacation spot, etc.
- Complete a 5K on any trail or bike path walking, running, cycling or skating
- Volunteer your time and talents in any way
- Complete your favorite activity a second time
- Complete an outdoor green space activity such as brush cleanup, gardening or trash pickup
- Play an outdoor game of your choice, such as basketball, disc golf or corn hole, among others
- Read a book, magazine or blog outside
- Try a new healthy recipe for a meal or snack made at home
- Try meditation, prayer and thoughts through a mediation app, podcast, class or music
- Complete the fitness trail at Great Seal State Park or other outdoor fitness area.
Activities are only suggestions and can be done from any location that meets the challenge. Participants do not need to be local.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a Physician or an Advanced Practice Provider that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.
1450 Columbus Ave Washington Court House, OH 43160