Adena Health Foundation Funds I Can Donate To
Adena Health Foundation is about supporting the development of programs that improve the health and well being of our community.
Individuals, estates, business and industry, foundations and others can influence the health and healthcare future of Southern Ohio. The Adena Health Foundation maintains special purpose funds to help you match your gifts with your interests.
- Charity Care helps pay healthcare expenses for Adena patients who have insufficient financial resources to pay for their care.
- Friends of Hospice donations ensure that patients with limited financial resources receive end-of-life care without worrying about how their care will be paid for or its impact on their families.
- Dr. James R. Manchester Memorial Endowment for Imaging Technology Education
- Gordon F. Streicher Memorial Scholarship Endowment for Medical Laboratory Technology
- Healthcare Scholarships Endowment (includes the Reginald C. Blue Fund bequest)
- Volunteer Scholarships Fund
- PACCAR Medical Education Center Scholarship Endowment Fund
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church/William Nolan Endowment
- Stephen Fleischer Scholarship Endowment
- Junior Civic League Scholarship Endowment
- Eagles Aerie 600/Herbie Retherford Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Soon Phil Choice Memorial Scholarship Endowment for Radiology Technology & Nursing
- Beth Ann Elliot Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Athlete of the Year Scholarship (Sports Medicine)
Funds that Improve Patient Care, Facilities, Medical Technology, Education and Prevention
- Medical Education Fund
- Cancer Fund
- Diabetes Fund
- Heart Fund
- Geriatrics Fund
- Patient Care Technology Fund
- Nursing Education Fund
- Rehab, Speech, Hearing and Sports Medicine Fund
- Women's & Children's Fund
Funds that Support Community Initiatives
- Healthy Communities Fund for special projects, education and outreach for improving community health
- Where Needed Most Fund to fulfill priority needs authorized by the Foundation Board of Directors
- Operating Endowment Fund to provide for the long-term sustainability of the Foundation
- Board of Trustees Fund for special projects or needs identified by the Adena Health System Board of Trustees
Adena Healthcare Scholarships from the Foundation are made possible each year through the fundraising efforts of the Volunteer Advisory Council (Sugarloaf Gift Shop), The Women's Board of Adena (annual Charity Ball and Spring Plant Sale) and contributions from employees and the public. A 1994 bequest from the late Reginald C. Blue established the nursing scholarship fund, which contributed $100,000 in 2005 to begin the scholarship endowment.
Contributions to scholarship funds are always encouraged and greatly appreciated, especially from students who have benefited and are now practicing their profession in the healthcare world.