Why Choose Adena?
Why Adena Heart & Vascular Center?
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Call Adena Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons at 740-779-4360 or request an appointment online.
When it comes to healthcare, we know you have choices and we want to give you five good reasons to look to Adena and its physicians for your heart and vascular care.
Cardiac Center of Excellence. Don’t just take our word for it.
- HealthGrades, an independent hospital quality ranking organization, awarded Adena its Cardiac Care Excellence Award for 2013. The agency ranked Adena’s cardiac care among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for coronary interventional procedures.
- Hometown care. Most of our doctors and cardiovascular team members grew up in this region so when they provide care, it’s like providing care to their family. Sometimes, it actually is family.
- World-class results. While we pride ourselves on providing compassionate and personal care, we also pride ourselves on our exceptional outcomes. Our awards and accreditations place our care in the top ranks of Ohio and the nation.
- Wellness and prevention. Adena is not just a hospital. In fact, our care starts just up the street from where you live and work. We have physicians and health centers spread across 11 counties in southern Ohio who are there to help patients learn how to prevent heart disease.
- Life-saving care. But should you or a loved one develop heart disease or have a cardiac emergency, such as a heart attack, we are there, too. Adena has been ranked among the top hospitals in Ohio for its ability to quickly assess and treat heart attack patients, giving them the best chance of returning to a full and active life.
Adena Cardiovascular Accreditations and Awards
Adena Cardiology was awarded the HealthGrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award for 2013. HealthGrades, an independent hospital quality rating organization, placed Adena among the Top 10% of hospitals nationwide for coronary intervention procedures, awarding Adena its Coronary Intervention Excellence Award. The award also recognized Adena for:
- Ranked #6 in OH for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 5 Years in a Row (2009-2013)
- Adena is Five-Star Rated for Treatment of Heart Failure for five years in a row (2009 - 2012). This rating was provided by Health Grades, the leading independent healthcare rating organization.
- Bronze Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart Association The Mission: Lifeline Recognition Program acknowledges medical centers and personnel for their efforts to improve quality of care for STEMI patients.
- Adena Regional Medical Center was one of only 167 hospitals nationwide to receive the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry– GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award in 2011. To receive the gold performance award, hospitals must follow strict treatment guidelines, while meeting specific performance standard, in the care of heart attack patients.
- Adena’s Chest Pain Center is accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Center. Adena’s accreditation includes the use of Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), a treatment for acute heart attacks, known as STEMIs, which uses specialized equipment in the catheterization lab to open acutely blocked arteries, in a timely manner.
- Echocardiogram Lab accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Vascular Lab accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- Nuclear accreditation by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Laboratories.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
If you have questions or would like to request an appointment please call 740-779-4360.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.