Maximizing Sports Physicals: More than a Box to Check
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Each year, Adena Sports Medicine athletic trainers provide pre-participation sports exams to more than 1,300 student athletes across the region. While these sports physicals are required for school sports, the exams provide benefits that go far beyond approval to participate. Sports physicals help athletes improve their fitness and remain healthy throughout the season by building a customized sports health program.
Adena Sports Medicine offers more than a simple check-up. Our specialized team, which includes sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers and exercise specialists, can help by:
- Detecting medical issues the athlete might be unaware of so these can be addressed and referrals can be made, if necessary.
- Identifying risk factors that the sports medicine team, coach and others should be aware of, such as asthma or diabetes, to provide the athlete with the safest environment for play.
- Offering these sports physicals at no cost to student athletes.
- Working with athletes to build a long-term plan to support their overall sports health.
Schedule Your Sports Physical
Adena Sports Medicine provides sports physicals at most of the schools we serve. They are also offered on designated days at our Jackson and Chillicothe locations in the spring and early summer.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.