Preparing for Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment time with the experts at Adena Allergy and Immunology, consider these tips before scheduling:
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Call Adena ENT and Allergy today at 740-779-4393 or request an appointment online.
- Come prepared with a list of symptoms and medications you’ve tried, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- If you’re being seen about a potential food allergy, please keep a detailed food diary for two weeks before your appointment that records what you’re eating, when, and what type of reaction you’re having. This will help us choose specific foods to test as allergens.
- If you think you’re going to have a skin prick test for a food, venom, or environmental allergy, you must avoid taking antihistamines—both prescription and over-the-counter—for five days before testing to help ensure accurate results. If you are unable to cope with symptoms without antihistamines, talk with your allergist about blood testing instead.
- It also can be helpful to come with a prepared list of questions for the physician about your symptoms, prevention, and treatment options. Bringing another person to help take notes can help you remember exactly what was discussed.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.