Colon and Rectal
Adena's specialists are focused on the surgical and non-surgical treatment of colon and rectal conditions.
Adena’s Colon and Rectal Surgery Program provides specialized surgical and non-surgical treatment of diseases involving the colon, rectum, and anus. Our board certified colorectal surgeon, Dr. Michael H. Fealk, is dedicated to providing the most up-to-date treatments with the sole purpose of getting our patients back on the road to good health.
Colon and rectal surgeons treat a wide range of diseases, from common ailments like hemorrhoids, which affect millions of Americans each year, to potentially life threatening cancer of the colon. Screening colonoscopy to help detect and prevent colon cancer is a key element of services provided.
- Anorectal Disease
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Fistula Disease
- Blood in the Stool, on the Tissue, and in the Toilet Bowl
- Pruritis Ani (severe anal itching)
- Pilonidal Disease
- Anovaginal Fistula (communication between the anus and vagina)
- Colon and Rectal Disease
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Colonic Volvulus (twisting of the colon)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Stoma Care (colostomy)
- Rectal Prolapse
- Colon Fistula Disease
- Colovaginal Fistula (communication between colon and vagina)
- Colovesical Fistula (communication between colon and bladder)
- Traumatic Injuries of Colon and Rectum
- Colon and Rectal Polyps
- Polyposis Syndromes (genetic disease with high risk of cancer)
- Lynch Syndrome or Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colon Cancer (HNPCC)
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Syndrome (FAP)
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Anal Cancer
- Major Abdominal Surgery: Open, Laparoscopic, Hemorrhoid TreatmentOffice Procedures: IRC, A new procedure to treat difficult hemorrhoids that does not involve cutting, minimizes discomfort and provides speedy recovery.
- Operative Procedures: THD, PPH, Traditional Excisional Hemorrhoidectomy, Colonoscopy, Screening for Colon, Cancer and Colon Polyps, Removal of Colon Polyps, Tattoo Marking of Colon Polyps, Surveillance (follow-up) After Colon, Polyps or Colon Cancer
- Specialized Services: Anal and Rectal Ultrasound, Perineal Proctosigmoidectomy for Rectal Prolapse (no abdominal incision), Trans Anal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM) - A minimally invasive procedure through the anus to remove large rectal polyps and some rectal cancers.
Expert Medical Care
Michael H. Fealk, D.O., FASCRS, is the director of Adena’s Colon and Rectal Surgery Program. Dr. Fealk is Board Certified by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. He has dedicated his practice to treating diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus. Dr. Fealk works closely with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists to be sure patients with colon and rectal cancer receive the best possible care while at Adena.
To Schedule an Appointment
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please call 740-779-8530. Or you can request an appointment with Dr. Fealk online.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.Find a Provider
We offer a variety of practices at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty practices; we want to help you get better quicker.
Adena Gastroenterology and Colorectal Surgery
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.View All Locations
Adena Medical Office Building
4439 State Route 159
Chillicothe, OH 45601