Before your surgery you’ll meet the physician specialist responsible for your well-being – your anesthesiologist.
- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Anesthesia keeps a patient comfortable throughout a surgical procedure. During surgery your anesthesiologist will direct your anesthesia and manage vital functions, including blood pressure, heart rate, rhythm, temperature, and breathing. Continued medical management after surgery is necessary to help you have a speedy recovery.
Types of anesthesia
- With general anesthesia you are unconscious and have no awareness of the surgical procedure.
- With regional anesthesia your anesthesiologist injects medication into the operative area. Examples include epidural, spinal, and nerve blocks.
MAC (Monitored Anesthesia Care)
- MAC is local anesthesia with sedation to help relax you.
- Local anesthetic may be injected into the skin to numb the area where surgery will be performed.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.
Our facilities are located throughout southern Ohio to make it easier for you to find outstanding and convenient care, close to home.