Richard F. Huspen, DO
- Adena Counseling Center
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-4888
- Fax Number:
- (740) 779-4898
- Medical School
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines, Iowa
- Akron General Medical Center, Akron, Ohio
- Akron City Hospital, Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy (NEOUCOM) residency, Akron, Ohio
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- Professional Memberships
- American Medical Association, Ohio Medical Association
- Clinical Interests
- General Adult Psychiatry
- Research Interests
- ADHD and Mood Disorders
- Enjoys spending time outdoors and with family
Richard F. Huspen, DO, is a general adult psychiatrist with the Adena Counseling Center in Chillicothe, Ohio.
One out of every 4 Americans struggles with a mental illness. Dr. Huspen believes in a holistic approach to adult psychiatry with treatment plans that involve more than medication. His approach takes the whole person into consideration, using natural methods to treat the body and mind.
Board-certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Huspen specializes in treating obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder. OCD, which affects more than 3 million Americans, includes both obsessions and compulsions that can interfere with daily activities and lead to fear, stress, and adverse medical conditions.
When Dr. Huspen isn’t helping diagnose, evaluate, and treat a range of adult psychiatric disorders, he enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.