Kristin A. Colwell, MD, FACOG
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-7201
- Fax Number:
- (740) 779-7279
- Medical School
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington
- University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Professional Memberships
- Fellow of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons, American Medical Association, Ohio State Medical Association
- Clinical Interests
- New techniques for treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic floor relaxation, pelvic reconstruction
- Married, lives in Chillicothe with family and pets
Dr. Kristin Colwell, MD, is an obstetrics and gynecology doctor (Obgyn) who provides care and advice to women throughout their lives, with particular emphasis on pregnancy and menopause. Dr. Colwell sees patients at and pregnancy treatment at Adena OB/GYN at Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio, and Adena Health Center in Jackson, Ohio.
Dr. Colwell, a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG), believes in providing patients with thorough information and a variety of options to provide care that is best suited to each individual. She treats females from adolescence through their senior years. In addition to maternity and menopause care, Dr. Colwell also specializes in urogynecology, providing patients with effective treatments for urinary incontinence and pelvic reconstruction. Dr. Colwell is experienced in laparoscopic surgery, a technique that allows her to perform gynecological surgeries through several tiny incisions rather than a traditional “open” surgery using a wide incision. Dr. Colwell uses laparoscopy in diagnostic stages to check for cysts, adhesions, infections, and endometriosis. She also uses the minimally invasive technique to perform hysterectomies and other GYN surgeries.
Dr. Colwell, her husband, and daughters enjoy time on their family farm and have been supporting the Ross County Fair for more than a decade. She enjoys following her daughters in their sports activities and 4-H.