Justin W. Smith, MD
Adena Medical Group
- Adena Family & Internal Medicine - Waverly
- Phone Number:
- (740) 941-5180
- Fax Number:
- (740) 941-5178
- Medical School
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
- University Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Internal Medicine - University Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio
- State Medical Board of Ohio
- Professional Memberships
- American College of Physicians, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Smith JW, Koshoffer A, Morris RE, and Boissy RE. Membranous Complexes Characteristic of Melanocytes Derived from Patients with Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Type 1 Are Macroautophagosomal Entities of the Lysosomal Compartment. Pigment Cell Res. 2005 Dec; 18(6):417-26.
"Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Following an Episode of Acute Pancreatitis: A Proposed Mechanism." Abstract presented at the Ohio American College of Physicians Conference. 2009.
- Clinical Interests
- Preventative medicine and public health.
- Research Interests
- I am currently involved in a survey-based research project through the University of Cincinnati correlating depression scores with various markers of adherence and intermediate metabolic outcomes. I have been involved in prior basic science research projects involving Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome and the effects of denervation on chemoreceptor morphology.
- I enjoy running, mentoring, racquetball, basketball, politics, and spending time with my family.