Jessica N. Powell, DO
- Adena Family Medicine - Washington Court House
- Phone Number:
- (855) 232-9274
- Fax Number:
- (740) 333-7127
- Medical School
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, OH
- Southern Ohio Medical Center, Portsmouth, OH
- Basic Life Support Advanced Cardiac Life Support Basic Disaster Life Support Advanced Disaster Life Support
- Professional Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, Ohio Osteopathic Association, American Association of Family Physicians, Medical Reserve Corps
- Married to Ryan. Likes music, animals and travel
The care and compassion shown to her family through a long illness with her grandfather led Jessica Powell, DO, into practicing medicine. Dr. Powell is a family doctor at Adena Family Medicine, A Department of Adena Regional Medical Center, in Washington Court House, Ohio. When patients “want a fresh opinion or are tired of long waits for appointments,” they often seek out Dr. Powell and Adena Family Medicine – Washington Court House. Patients are choosing Adena due to how well the staff and doctors work together as a team to make sure the patients are taken care of in a timely manner.
One of the most satisfying parts to being in family practice, says Dr. Powell, is that on any given day, she will care for newborn babies, 90-year-olds, men, women and children. She will treat them for a variety of reasons including: adult and children well visits and physicals, depression, diabetes, immunizations, and women’s health issues. Dr. Powell is a physician and a teacher. She enjoys educating patients on their conditions, the disease process, and how recommended treatments can help.
Dr. Powell was a music major in college and now helps teach music at the local high school. Her veterinarian husband, daughter, and lots of cats, dogs and horses fill her spare time.