Jaya Thakur, MD
- Adena Medical Group
- Adena Pickaway-Ross Family Physicians
- Phone Number:
- Fax Number:
- Medical School
- Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Tribhuvan University, Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Montgomery Family Practice Center, Norristown, PA
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, American Medical Association
Dr. Jaya Thakur, MD, is a family medicine physician with Adena Pickaway Ross Family Physicians in Chillicothe, Ohio. As medicine continues to grow more complicated with many specialists and even sub-specialists, Dr. Thakur knows she plays a critical role in coordinating the care between the many doctors a patient might see over the course of their condition. That role includes not only reviewing tests and treatments to ensure there is no duplication but also ensuring that treatments are working together and not cancelling each other out or even causing problems.
Dr. Thakur cares for all ages of patients from newborn babies to seniors and she enjoys caring for them equally. No matter what the patient’s age, Dr. Thakur especially enjoys treating and educating patients with acute illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Upon completion of her medical school training in Nepal, Dr. Thakur moved to the United States where she eventually joined Adena Pickaway Ross Family Physicians. Dr. Thakur is board certified in family medicine and holds several professional memberships.