Debra E. Bihl, CNP
- Medical Oncology and Cancer
- Phone Number:
- (740) 542-3030
- Fax Number:
- (740) 542-7871
- Graduate School
- University of Cincinnati, College of Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ohio State University College of Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Cincinnati, Ohio
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Advanced Oncology Certification
- Professional Memberships
- Oncology Nursing Society, Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- Clinical Interests
- Survivorship, Appalachian Studies, Community Outreach, Quality of Life, Risk Reduction, Breast Cancer
- Family activities, church activities, camping, hiking, reading and scrap-booking
Certified Nurse Practitioner Debra Bihl knew from an early age that she wanted to be a nurse. After her son had cancer at 14 months old, she knew that treating patients with cancer was her calling. She went back to school to be an oncology nurse practitioner, and now she provides exceptional care to her patients at the Adena Cancer Center. Debra specializes in oncology and adult health, and is an important team member at the Cancer Center.
Debra’s patients know that she is with them every step of the way as they go through chemotherapy treatments. She provides patients with education about their chemotherapy treatments and supportive medications, and cares for them in between treatment cycles to make sure they maintain the best health possible. Debra also works with patients on advanced care planning, which includes talking about code status, power of attorney, and living wills.
Debra came to Adena after completing her certification as a nurse practitioner, with her coworkers and the other providers at the Cancer Center as one of her main motivations for working here. She enjoys the sense of community here at Adena.
When she is not caring for patients, Debra enjoys spending time with her family, camping, hiking, reading and scrap-booking.